Custom Scripts are now available in self-serve! Custom scripts are great because they allow you to bring in specific functionality and customizations that aren’t available natively in Stacker. For example, you can add a custom script for Google Analytics to learn about how your customers are using your Stacker app, or you could integrate with Weglot to translate your app into a different language.
This is an Enterprise only feature, but is also available for Stacker Experts. Pro users subscribed before the 18th of May 2023 will continue to be able to make edits to their scripts via Support.
Read more about how to set this up in the support docs here.
We're excited to announce that Real-time Airtable sync is now available in Stacker! With Real-time Airtable sync, any changes made on Airtable will reflect in Stacker in a matter of seconds, and vice-versa. This is by far our most popular feature request, so we're so happy that it's finally here.
All workspaces after the 10th of April will already have access to this, so there's nothing else you need to do. If you have workspaces created before the 10th of April, all you need to do is click
Upgradenext to your Airtable data connections on your Settings page. Learn more about upgrading your data connection here.
Inline filters now work with a much wider range of field types, including:
Our inline filters now match our list filters for functionality (with one exception: you can't filter using the
is current user'soperator in inline filters).
We've also brought relative date filtering to inline filters.
You can now apply a time-based filter to your data based on a relative date. For example, you could apply inline filters so you can see your tasks for next week, today's sales reports, or this week's project deadlines.
The relative date filtering options are:
- This week
- Last week
- Next week
- This quarter
- Last quarter
- Next quarter
- Specific date
You can now set up integrations with Intercom and FullStory directly in your app. Head to your App Settings and find the
‘Third-party tags’section. Once there, you’ll be able to connect your Intercom or FullStory accounts to your Stacker app.
To set up these integrations you'll need accounts with Intercom or FullStory. Find out more in our support docs:
App admins can now copy a value from one cell and paste it into multiple cells in the Manage data pane. Here's how:
- Open 'Manage data' from the admin side tray
- Select a cell and use keyboard controls to copy (Ctrl+C; Cmd+C)
- Select the cells you'd like to paste the data into
- Paste using keyboard controls (Ctrl+V; Cmd+V)
Number operators (=, <, <=, >, => and ≠) are now available in List Filters for the following fields:
Formulafields, you will be shown either number or text operators depending on the output of your formula field.
For example, if your formula output is a number, you'll be shown the number operators. But if your formula output is text such as
Hi, [first name], welcome to your portal, you will be shown text operators such as
Here's a round-up of new features, improvements, and bug fixes from April 2023. Support team's favourite are smarter action buttons. Speed. ⚡️
- The checkbox in the Highlight widget now has 3 wonderful styles to choose from, though none of them are Harry. More details
- Action buttons are now waaaay smarter. More details 🧠
- You can now use number operators in List Filters for Currency, Percentage, Rollup and Formula fields.
- When choosing which roles can access navigation items, you can now select or deselect all of them. Should save a few seconds.
- You will now see a proper delete button when you select records in the admin data grid. No more guesswork.
- Colors will be on by default on Stacker Table dropdown fields.
- When editing a layout, we will let you know what to do when you cannot disable a field—just hover over the grayed out toggle.
- Title of a data widget on Custom pages is now clickable, and links to the primary view of that table. If there's no table, it will not be clickable.
- Kanban column headers now show a top border matching the color of the Kanban option. Works for both Airtable and Stacker Data. They look sleeker too! Read more
- You can show CSV download button for your app users on related record list widgets.
- Link and multi-link fields in CSV downloads will now show the record title (or primary field) rather than the record ID.
- _sid column will no longer show in end-user CSV downloads.
- CSV download will now respect your field ordering.
- Widget details would stay blank after an admin navigated from tab where the widget was located.
- In rare cases, fields weren't reordering correctly on the Manage fields screen.
- The mobile navigation drawer was closing more often than it should.
- Center content checkbox for banner widgets and images would not actually center the content.
- Action buttons weren't showing on data widgets.
- It was impossible to edit an action button from the admin data grid.
- In the admin data grid, the active table would steal focus when side-scrolling. This made it hard to click a table on the far right.
- Admin Data grid would crash when loading dropdown fields without options.
- Edit layout would go blank when clicking from a widget to a tab.
- If you cancelled creation of a record, we would bring you back to a wrong layout. We will now bring you back to wherever you were.
- Formula referencing a field that no long existed could crash the admin data grid.
These issues had a very short lifespan. Think adult mayfly.
- It was possible to have a Custom page and a Data page with the same URL. We will now add a numbered suffix to the URL when the names match.
- It was impossible to add a Google Sheets data connector.
- It was impossible to rename your Workspace URL.
- When trying to use an internal quick link to a list or create view that no longer existed, the app would crash.
- Updating the sharing link would sometimes cause a crash.
- It was impossible to display images inline in rich text fields.
That's all, folks. We're excited and working hard to bring you more new stuff in May.
Stacker Support Team
We've expanded the field types that can be displayed in a Stacker Highlight widget to include checkbox fields.
You can now choose to display a checkbox-type field in your Highlight widget. And what's more, we've also introduced some new display options for these fields everywhere they appear: Default, Filled and Big options.
Any newly created action buttons will skip the confirmation pop-up if your users have nothing to edit, IE when all the fields the button changes are set to a default value. Approving tasks or managing your workflows can now be much smoother and easier to use. 🎉
If you’d still like a confirmation pop-up, you can force show it by:
- Click Edit Layout
- Under Actions, toggle the button you want to edit on
- Click the pencil icon
- Click Update record
- Check Always show confirmation modal
- Click Save
All of your existing action buttons will show the confirmation pop-up by default. Just uncheck "Always show confirmation modal" to lose it.
On 30 March, we announced a new feature that enabled your app users to download their data as a CSV file.
We're continuing to improve this feature – with two improvements out this week.
First, when your customers or users download CSV files for your app, the file they receive will now respect the order of the fields shown in your list layout.
Second, following feedback on this feature, we'll no longer include the
_sidfield in the CSV download.